- Turn on your porch light to let children know it’s all right to visit your home.
- Set a time limit for your children, let them know how long they can stay out.
- Keep your pets locked up in your home or a safe place. Many pets become frightened when there is so much commotion going on outside.
- Children should always be accompanied by yourself or a trusted adult.
- Let your child know to walk, and not run to avoid any unnecessary tripping or falling.
- Make sure to stay on well-lighted streets avoid those that are not well lit.
- If your child is wearing a mask be sure to let them know to remove it before crossing the street or help your child across, Do not cross from between parked cars.
- Make sure your children obey all traffic signs and laws, and make sure to help them across all major roadways.
- Trick or Treat at homes of people you know or in safe trick or treating areas.
- Always be prepared by carrying a flashlight for those areas around your neighborhood that might not be well lit.
- Make sure to avoid any sharp object props that your child may have as it can become a hazard. Choose foam or soft props.
- Make sure your children know how to call 9-1-1 if they have an emergency or become lost. Go over with your children a safe meeting place if they get lost.
- Make sure your child knows their home phone number
- Wait to get home to inspect all treats and throw away any spoiled, unwrapped, or suspicious items. Tampering is rare but it is always good to check.
- Check items that could cause choking (like hard candies) make sure your children are of the appropriate age for these treats.
Some great Safe Trick or Treating in the area
From 5 to 7 pm
575 E. University Parkway Suite #260
Provo Towne Centre
From 5 to 9 pm
1200 Towne Centre Blvd,
South Towne Center
From 4 to 6 pm
10450 South State St, Sandy
Trick or Treat Downtown Provo
From 3 to 6 pm
Center Street and University Ave, Provo
Fashion Place Mall
From 4 to 7 pm
6191 S State St, Murray
Cotton Wood Mall
All Day Long
4825 South Highland Drive, Holladay
Layton Hills Mall
From 6 to 8 pm
1076 Layton Hills Mall, Layton